Friday, January 10, 2014

 
Don't Tell Me
 
Hey, you!
Over there, across the room,
yes, YOU.
I see you.
 
Don't tell me
of your boredom
~ there's nothing to do ~
or of your dismay
at Life's dismal details
unending;
 
Don't tell me of your gray salesman's days
when the spark leaves
and no one returns your calls;

Don't tell me
when your career slides away
in a rush of flooding waters
leaving you to find
a different shore;
 
Don't tell me of your everlasting
anger thrown out at the world
and the mean people
who've crossed your path;

Don't tell me
 the horrors and evil and the trivia
of your small small world
as it swallows you
and you feel down;

Don't tell me
of your false lovers
and your lonely nights
bathed in the solitude of stupidity;

Don't tell me
about your disappointments
when someone lets you down
or ignores you
or does not hear you
or hurts you
or fails you
in some imagined way. 

Do you hear me?
Stop looking at me
as if you know me
as if you feel my pain
as if my life and yours
equate
just because you look like me.
Don't tell me. 

I am busy, breathing.

  

© ACG
10 January 2014

No comments :